Sheridan Showdown: 2018 Ford Edge vs. Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2018 Ford Edge vs. Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Sheridan Ford proudly has proudly served Wilmington, DE for 30 years! We’re committed to the customer, providing the best customer service, finance options and selection in town.
Compare the 2018 Ford Edge to the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. The Edge is ranked safer, and offers more space and more available features, such as voice-activated SYNC ®3 technology. Once you’ve compared the two, visit us at Sheridan Ford for a test drive.
Each engine option for the Edge is more powerful in terms of horsepower and torque than the Santa Fe Sport.
|Edge 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 engine||245 hp||275 lbs.-ft.|
|Edge 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine||280 hp||250 lbs.-ft.|
|Edge 2.7L EcoBoost® V-6 engine||315 hp||350 lbs.-ft.|
|Santa Fe Sport 2.4 DOHC 4 cyl||185 hp||178 lbs.-ft.|
|Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 2.0 turbo 4 cyl.||240 hp||260 lbs.-ft.|
The Edge also does better in terms of fuel economy. The Edge gets 21 city/29 highway mpg, while the Santa Fe Sport gets 20 city/28 highway mpg. The Edge has a larger fuel capacity as well (18.5 gallons vs. 17.4 gallons), letting you visit the gas station less frequently than you would with the Hyundai.
The Edge gives you 113.9 cu.ft. of passenger space, as opposed to 108 cu.ft. in the Santa Fe Sport. In the designated cargo area, you have 39.2 cu.ft. of space with the rear seats folded up, and 73.4 cu.ft. with them folded down. The Santa Fe Sport only offers 35.4 cu.ft. when folded up and 71.5 cu.ft. when folded down.
Having a comfortable and safe driving experience is important to consider when leasing or purchasing a car. The following features are not available in the 2018 Santa Fe Sport:
- Inflatable Rear Seatbelts: To help reduce impact and lessen the severity of any injuries, the rear seatbelts will inflate in the event of a collison.
- Drift Compensation Steering: Stay on course when the road conditions get bumpy, and may otherwise force you to drift.
- Active Grille Shutters: The front grille will automatically close the shutters to reduce air flow when less engine cooling is need, bettering your high way fuel economy.
- Active Noise Cancellation: Keeps out any unwanted outside noise and vibration.
- Active Park Assist: Let your Edge guide you into your parallel parking spot while you control the speed and brakes.
- Remote Window Lowering: Let the heat out from a distance before you get in a hot car by remotely lowering your front windows.
- Exterior Keypad: In inclement weather, or if you lock your keys in the car, easily get in your car without your keys using the exterior keypad.
- Speed-sensitive wipers: Your wipers will automatically adjust their speed based on your speed when it rains.
- Automatic Engine Start/Stop: When the car comes to a complete stop, your engine will turn off to help save your fuel and reduce pollution. When you’re ready to go again, it starts right back up.
These great features come available in the Ford Edge! Learn more about them at Sheridan Ford!
2018 Ford Edge vs. Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Video:
1. BLIS replaces standard integrated blind spot mirrors. 2. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.