Sheridan Showdown: 2018 Ford Edge vs. Kia Sorento
2018 Ford Edge vs. 2018 Kia Sorento
Sheridan Ford is happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our Ford vehicles and lease and finance options. We are located on Kirkwood Highway in Wilmington, DE.
We have a wide selection of cars to fit your needs, like the 2018 Ford Edge. Among cars in its class, like the 2018 Kia Sorento, the Edge outperforms the competition. Visit Sheridan Ford to test drive one today!
The Edge is overall a safer vehicle than the Sorento. In the event of a collision, the Edge offers an available 911 Assist1, that contacts emergency services for you by using GPS response system. This features live responses (the Sorento does not offer this feature), and will send help if you’re injured and can’t call for help.
There is also the available option for rear inflatable seatbelts to help minimize the force of a crash and reduce the severity of any injuries. This is not an option in the Sorento.
The 2018 Edge delivers more power than the Kia Sorento. Additionally, because the Edge has drift steering compensation, which allows the SUV to automatically correct your direction if the road causes you to drift. Overall, the new Ford Crossover SUV handles the road much better.
|Vehicle & Engine||Horsepower||Torque|
|Edge 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 engine||245 hp||275 lbs.-ft.|
|Edge 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine||280 hp||250 lbs.-ft.|
|Edge 2.7L EcoBoost® V-6 engine||315 hp||350 lbs.-ft.|
|Sorento 2.4 DOHC 4 cyl.||185 hp||178 lbs.-ft.|
|Sorento EX 2.0 turbo 4 cyl.||240 hp||260 lbs.-ft.|
|Sorento 3.3 DOHC V6||290 hp||252 lbs.-ft.|
The Edge is equipped with the following features that are not available on the base model of the Sorento (which only come at an extra additional cost on a different Kia vehicle model):
- Advanced Cruise Control
- Lane-Keeping System3
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System)4
- Forward Collision Warning
You may not notice the unexpected while driving, and these features alert you to what you may not see so you can adapt and avoid collision.
Furthermore, enjoy the following features in the Edge that you will not find in the Sorento:
- Real-time traffic updates using a GPS response system: Alerts you to traffic conditions on your route.
- Active Noise Cancellation: Keep out outside noise and vibration.
- Lowering windows with a keyless remote: Let the hot air out from a distance by remotely lowering your front windows.
- Exterior Keypad: Easily get in your car with or without your keys with the exterior keypad.
- Active Park Assist: Parallel park with ease as the car guides you into the spot, you just have to brake as needed and control your speed.
- Automatic dimming high beams: When you have your high beams on, this feature will automatically dim them if another car is coming towards you.
- Automatic Engine Start/Stop: When you come to a complete stop, the engine will shut off to help improve your fuel economy. Once you’re ready to go, the engine starts back up again.
The Sorento simply cannot compete with the convenient driving features available in the Edge.
Also, the 2018 Ford Edge comes equipped with SYNC ®3 Technology, and you can download the compatible Ford Pass™ phone application. The 2018 Edge is compatible with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, which the base model of the 2018 Kia Sorento is not compatible with.
With a staff dedicated to high quality customer service and that actually cares about their clients, our team goes above and beyond to offer the best deals and incentives in all of Delaware. Sheridan Ford is the area’s top dealership trusted by customers for over 30 years so go see Joe today at Sheridan Ford!
2018 Ford Edge vs. Kia Sorento Video