Sheridan Showdown: 2018 Ford Explorer vs. Chevrolet Traverse
Ford Explorer: #1 Selling SUV Over The Last 27 Years1
- Explorer Offers Available Enhanced Active Park Assist to Help Make Parking Simple2
- Chevrolet Traverse Doesn’t Have Active Park Assist
- The Class-Exclusive3 Available PowerFold® Third-Row Seat Lets You Create Cargo Space on Demand by Simply Pushing a Button
- You Won’t Find This Feature in Chevrolet’s Traverse
- The 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum or Explorer Sport Equipped With the 3.5L EcoBoost® Engine Delivers Best-in-Class3 365 Horsepower4
- That’s More Horsepower Than the Engine in Traverse Provides
- Explorer Has Best-in-Class3 Standard Second-Row Head Room
- It Has More Standard Second-Row Head Room Than the Chevrolet Traverse Does
- Explorer Offers Available Inflatable Second-Row Outboard Safety Belts to Help Spread Crash Force Over a Wider Area of the Body
- You Can’t Get These Safety Belts on Chevrole’st Traverse
Best-in-class4 V6 horsepower – 365 hp.4 Plus a robust 350 lb.-ft. of torque.4 The standard engine on Sport and Platinum empowers you to say yes to any road trip, and lead the way, too.
Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™2
Explorer give you the seamless shift-on-the-fly confidence to get in and go.
PAMPER THOSE IN ALL 3 ROWS
Even if you’re going tent camping, you can still travel in luxury. 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum features premium leather-trimmed seats with microperforated inserts and quilted bolsters, real aluminum and Brown Ash Swirl wood appliqués, and even quilted leather-wrapped door inserts. With the most standard 2nd-row head room in its class, Explorer spreads the love to all its passengers.
CONSIDER YOUR 2ND-ROW OPTIONS
To seat up to 7, you’ll want the 2nd-row 60/40 split-fold-flat seat with recline. On Platinum, this seat also features heated outboard positions and a fold-down armrest with cup holders. When you select the power-assist folding 2nd-row heated bucket seats,2 you can take advantage of a pass-through to the 3rd row, or add a roomy 2nd-row console1 for extra storage space.
POWER YOUR ESSENTIALS
You can charge mobile phones and tablets with up to 2 smart-charging USB ports2 in the front row, and 2 more in the 2nd row. These ports are nearly 2 times faster than previous generation charging USB ports. The covered 110V/150W AC power outlet1 in the 2nd row can power your laptop, cooler or other small devices equipped with a household-style plug.
SYNC® 3: Stay Connected On The Move
Imagine controlling calls, music and more with just a touch and your voice. SYNC® 32,5 lets you keep your hands on the wheel while it quickly responds to your spoken requests. Or use the responsive touchscreen in the center of your instrument panel to access its many helpful features. Bring the power of Siri® into Explorer with Siri Eyes Free and your paired iPhone.® The system also features 2 smart-charging USB ports to help keep your devices powered up and ready to go.
MAINTAIN YOUR BALANCE
AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™)4 enhances vehicle stability in a wide range of conditions. By selectively applying individual brakes and modifying engine power, the system helps keep all 4 wheels firmly planted. In addition, Curve Control6 helps slow the vehicle down if you’re heading into a curve too quickly.
ADAPT IT TO YOUR PLANS
The versatility doesn’t stop there. With all seats occupied, there’s a generous 21 cu. ft. of cargo space behind the 3rd row.7 Fold down the PowerFold® 3rd-row seat2 with the touch of a button, opening up 43.9 cu. ft. of space. Or create a flat load floor by folding both the 2nd- and 3rd-row split-folding seats to pack up to 81.7 cu. ft. of gear.
2018 Ford Explorer vs. Chevrolet Traverse
Fill out the contact form below & the staff at Sheridan Ford will answer all your 2018 Ford Explorer questions!