2021 Ford Fusion Safety Review
At Sheridan Ford, we understand that shopping for your next vehicle means finding the safest option for you and your family. You want to feel confident when hitting the roads of Wilmington, New Castle, and Newark, DE, and know you’re protected in case of a collision. When you choose a safe and reliable car, like the 2021 Ford Fusion, you’ll have peace of mind.
To give you a closer look at the safety features you’ll find on the Ford Fusion, we’ve put together this detailed review. If you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Ford Fusion: Advanced Safety Technology
When you make the smart decision to get behind the wheel of the 2021 Ford Fusion, you’ll receive an impressive selection of advanced technology features. Drive with ease, knowing every Fusion trim level comes with Ford Co-Pilot360™, which is a suite of advanced safety and driver-assist technologies.
Some of the features that come standard in the Ford Co-Pilot360™ safety suite include:
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert: This system works to identify vehicles in your blind spots and vehicles/objects behind you through radar detection.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking: This system helps drivers avoid a potential collision by sending alerts when a vehicle or pedestrian is in front of you. Plus, it increases brake-assist sensitivity or automatically applies brakes to help you take action.
- Lane-Keeping System: This system gives you an audio and visual alert when you start to drift out of the traveling lane. These alerts help ensure you aren’t leaving the lane unintentionally.
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps: This feature senses when you’re entering poor lighting conditions and switches on your headlights automatically. When oncoming vehicles are sensed, the feature will dim your lights until they pass.
- Rear View Camera: This feature is designed to give you confidence while you’re in reverse by making seeing things behind you a bit easier.
Standard Safety Features
In addition to Ford Co-Pilot360™, your Ford Fusion is protected with additional passive and active safety features. Standard in the Fusion, you’ll receive dual stage front driver and passenger airbags, front-seat side airbags, first- and second-row side curtain airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front and rear seat belt pretensioners, and more.
The Ford Fusion also comes standard with an individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System, so you can keep track of when each of your tires is low on air. Lastly, you can expect protection from the Personal Safety System™, which is designed to adjust the front airbags if they deploy, in order to enhance protection for front passengers. This is done through the use of crash severity sensors, safety belt usage sensors, dual-stage driver and front-passenger airbags, a driver’s seat position sensor, and front outboard safety belt pretensioners, which are made to pull the safety belt tighter when deemed necessary.
Discover the 2021 Ford Fusion Today
If you’re looking for a safe choice to protect your family on the roads of Wilmington, New Castle, and Newark, Delaware, look no further than the 2021 Ford Fusion. To explore the safety features of the Fusion further and take a test drive, give our team at Sheridan Ford a call today to set it up!