Get Winter Ready at Sheridan Ford
Is your car ready for winter? Colder temperatures and winter weather can cause hazards for your car. Anticipate any issues before it’s too late with these simple tips! Sheridan Ford services all makes and models and can have your car ready to take on winter!
- Get an oil change. Oil tends to get thicker as it gets colder, which means it may not keep your engine running as effectively. If you’re due for an oil change, schedule one at Sheridan Ford as we get closer to winter.
- Check your windshield wipers. If it starts to snow while you’re at work or out shopping, old wiper blades won’t do you very well. You’re going to need to make sure your wiper blades are working well so you can see! Stop by Sheridan Ford’s parts department if you need new ones.
- Check your battery, belts and hoses. Make sure all connections to your battery are free of issues, and if needed, address any issues you may come across. We can also test its charge at Sheridan Ford to ensure you won’t be stranded in the cold with a dead battery. Check your belts and hoses for wear and tear and replace as needed.
- Monitor tire pressure. Make sure your tires have the pressure they need to provide you with a smooth ride. Cold air can cause your tire pressure to drop. You can fill your tires with air at a gas station, but if you notice any punctures or leaks in the tire, Sheridan Ford is here to help. Additionally, you may consider the switch to snow tires. Delaware has seen some significant snowfall the last few years, and the added traction can help you out if we continue to have snowy winters.
- Have Four-Wheel Drive? Make sure your four-wheel drive system is working properly and engages and disengages correctly. Make sure anyone else driving your car knows how to work it as well.
- Check your fluids. Make sure your antifreeze levels are up to par to avoid any issues.
- Prepare an emergency kit. In the event of an emergency, be sure to have back up. This includes blankets, a tire iron, a jack, a spare tire, an ice scraper, a small shovel, jumper cables, tire chains, a first aid kit, non-perishable snacks, water and sand (or kitty litter or something similar) if you need extra traction.
Schedule an appointment online or call Sheridan Ford at (302) 999-0261 to ensure your car is winter ready, and if not, know we can help you get ready. We have a large parts department for what you can do yourself (like changing your wiper blades) and master Ford technicians to take care of the work you may not be able to complete.