Vehicle Review: 2018 Ford Super Duty
2018 Ford Super Duty Review
Thank you for choosing Sheridan Ford! We are your premier Ford dealership located on Kirkwood Highway serving the Wilmington and Newark area. We understand choosing your next car takes time and research. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call or stop by for answers.
If you are looking for a truck that can do the heavier lifting, consider the 2018 Ford Super Duty, a line of trucks which comprises of the F-250, F-350 and F-450. Each are available in different drivetrains, such as 4×2, 4×4 and single rear wheel drive. It’s performance and capability are unmatched, and features Ford SYNC® and comfortable seating to enjoy the ride.
Performance and Power
Choose between a gas engine or a diesel engine based on your needs. Both engines are paired with a TorqShift® 6-speed automatic transmission. Both deliver tremendous power needed to haul more weight than the Ford F-150. The Super Duty F-250 can haul a max of 18,500 lbs.1 (the F-150 can tow a max of 8,000 lbs.). The F-350 has a max of 32,000 lbs. and the F-450 has a max of 34,000 lbs.1
The 6.2-L V8 gas engine provides 385 HP and 430 lb.-ft. of torque and comes standard on the F-250 and F-350 in the Super Duty class. The 6.7-L Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel provides 450 HP and 935 lb.-ft. of torque. The diesel engine might be the optimal choice for the working man, such as a logger or landscaper. If you have a lot of equipment to bring from job to job, you’ll want to be sure you can easily haul it with you.
As for payload in the bed of your truck, the Super Duty is at the top of its class. The F-250 has a max of 4,250 lbs., the F-350 has a max of 7,630 lbs. and the F-450 has a max of 5,600 lbs.
To further assist you with towing, the Ford Super Duty is equipped with advanced towing technology. There are helpful monitors and cameras placed around the truck to give you the optimal vantage point where and when you need it, all displayed on an 8” LCD screen2:
- 360-degree camera with Split-View Display2,3,4: Cameras in each sideview mirror in addition to the front and rear camera create a 360-degree view.
- Front 180-degree camera view4: This camera helps you see straight ahead, as well as to the left and right, which is helpful to maneuver around corners.
- CHMSL camera view2: The Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp camera gives you a better view of your cargo in while in reverse. This will especially come in handy if you need to connect a gooseneck trailer.
- Forward-Facing-Camera2,3,5: This camera’s purpose is for the lane-keeping alert and detects lane markings and will vibrate your steering wheel if it senses you have drifted out of your lane.
- Trailer Reverse Guidance2,3: Switch between your side and rear cameras as needed as you back up your trailer. It will guide you to go in the best direction.
- Get alerts when your trailer tires have low pressure with the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System2.
- You can also place your own camera at the rear of your trailer to see behind that as well.
In addition to these helpful cameras, each trim model comes standard with Blind-Spot Monitoring and a Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. Higher grades, like the Platinum and Limited, feature other helpful driver-assist features like Lane-Keeping Assist, Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking and Adaptive Cruise Control.
Now that you’ve made sure the Super Duty is a capable truck with plenty of features that give you more confidence as a driver, consider the other technological features that make for a better drive. The Super Duty is both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatible. Ford’s SYNC®3 technology lets you use your phone as you normally would: reply to text messages, answer and make calls or change your music all with the sound of your voice with its voice-responsive technology. As for directions and GPS, see the map of where you’re going on the 8-inch LCD touch screen in conjunction with the audible turn-by-turn directions.
We also recommend that you download the FordPass™ phone application. This way, you can schedule service as needed, compare fuel prices on a prospective route, find parking and get in touch with a Ford guide if you have any questions.
We can keep telling you how great the 2018 Ford Super Duty is, but you can find out more in person by visiting Sheridan Ford. Schedule a test drive today!
When properly configured. 2. Available feature. 3. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. 4. Included in the available 360-degree camera with Split-View Display. 5. Lane-keeping alert does not control steering.